An employee who comes to your team via an acquisition
- was likely in the dark until the acquisition was announced
- didn’t apply to be part of your company, your team, or for their new job
- is accustomed to working on different things, with different people, toward different goals
- doesn’t know you, or anyone on your team, or your company
- is unaware of your expectations of them
- experiences a loss of the status they enjoyed as a valued employee prior to the acquisition
As a result, they are likely very uncomfortable with the situation. And it’s really not at all fair; they didn’t ask for this to happen. Suddenly they are asked to adapt to a hundred dimensions of unknown.